From the Galley - INDULGENT BREAKFAST PORRIDGE #NationalBreakfastWeek
It's #NationalBreakfastweek this week and porridge is a fantastic food when you're on passage.
Despite being classed as a breakfast cereal, it can be eaten at any time and made in any weather.
This porridge is really indulgent as its eaten with soft dark brown sugar and evaporated milk, but you can choose syrup, berries, etc.
2 x small cups of Porridge Oats
4 x small cups of boiling water
Soft dark brown sugar
1. Boil the kettle
2. Place 2 small cups of porridge oats in a saucepan and cover with 4 cups of boiling water
3. Leave for 30 mins to soak and go almost solid
4. Place on very low heat, bring up to the boil slowly, stirring occasionally
5. Pour into two bowls
6. Place a heaped dessert spoon of soft dark brown sugar
7. Get the autopilot on
8. Open a small tin of evaporated milk and poor round the edges
9. Sit on the cockpit and enjoy